Content

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

A Sincere Thank You to the Anonymous Giver


Last night as I was writing Christmas cards, my husband and I heard somebody knock on our door. Since it was nearing a late hour my husband and I were a little hesitant to open the door so quickly. I watched my husband quietly walk over to the door, look through the peep-hole, and then shortly after called me over eagerly. Confused, I walked over while my husband opened the door to see that somebody had brought over a beautiful Christmas tree to our home. This year to live within our means during this Christmas season, my husband and I had chosen to be content with our tiny Christmas tree decoration which sat on our dinner table. We hadn't told very many people about this, so we were shocked to see this tree. Nobody was at our doorstop, no letter or note was found. We have suspicions of who may have dropped this off to us but we don't know. We were simply grateful. 

Seeing this tree at our doorstep brought tears to my eyes. To whoever brought this tree to our door, thank you so much. Thank you for being so generous and kind as to bring a Christmas tree to our home, which thanks to it, our house has that sweet, Christmas-pine aroma. Moreover thank you for reminding me what truly makes the Christmas season so special, and for reminding me what Christmas is all about: striving to be like Christ and sending love by serving and giving to others. The photos I took of the tree may not do it justice but the memory attached to them will never be forgotten :)


Meeko would like to know who brought the tree over!



Thank you for the beautiful tree, thank you for the sweet reminder.
Merry Christmas :)

Masumi

0 comments:

Post a Comment