Content

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Disney's World of Color: M Kat edition

Tonight I got to try a project that I've been wanting to put to the test for a while. When it turned out, I couldn't hold back a squeal of excitement. I think it turned out pretty well! 

Ladies and gents, here is my version of Disney's World of Color. :)






 The idea came from this Pinterest post. Thank you to the original idea creator.
I am going to give you the inside scoop of how you can create this too.

Materials: 
Paper (I used brown, similar to the one on the Pin)
Dslr Camera
f/1.4 50mm lens (I think other 50mms can work just fine, but when I went up to f/3.2 the effect was too blurry for my taste)
Rubberband or strong hairtie
Christmas lights

Instructions:
Cut out the desired shape near the middle of the paper
Place the paper on your lens. If you want to wrap the paper around the lens like I did, you will need extra paper to put space between the lens and paper.
Place the rubber band/hairtie around the paper to secure the paper onto the lens.
On manual mode, adjust the focus keeping the aperature nice & close to 1.4 (or you can try all different f stops!)
Play with the exposure. I believe the exposures that worked out best for me was -1, -2/3 or +1. 
Snap snap snap! :)





It's Christmas season :)

Masumi

2 comments:

Unknown says:
at: December 3, 2013 at 9:17 PM said...

OMG how cute! Loveeeee it!

Masumi says:
at: December 4, 2013 at 9:27 AM said...

Thanks Joanne! :))

Post a Comment