Content

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Double Exposure Experiment: Myself

Today I tried creating a type of picture that I've been noticing for the past few months on Flickr & other social media outlets: Double Exposure photos. Double Exposure photos have two (or more) photos or images enmeshed or layered together. So after this week of wanting a chance to try it, today was the day. I am the type of person who usually has an image of what I want especially when it comes to art. Usually I try to find a model for my personal experimental shoots, but for this double exposure experiment I saw myself as the model. 

Loving the music artist Nujabes, I was inspired to try a Double Exposure photo that looked like one of his album covers (which is a girl with birds & flowers, very beautiful!). So of course I went onto one of my favorite, easy sources of learning Youtube, to quickly learn how to make this work. Thank you to this site for teaching the audience quickly and simply. Another Youtube link that I would recommend to learn the art of creating a double exposure shot via Photoshop is this one. Although he talks for a few minutes on his own, I find how he discusses his "artsy fartsy"-ness pretty funny. He's very entertaining and definitely artsy-fartsy.

Without getting too deep into the details of how it works, this is how I made it work! 

So the first thing I did was take a photo of myself on a rather blank (white-ish) background. Thanks to my patient husband who dealt with my picky-ness, after several long minutes I got a workable photo of myself. The next step was to get it up on Photoshop, adjust it how I want (playing with Levels), then get another photo of something that I wanted on me. I am a nature-y person so I pulled up a recent photo I took of leaves. I set that photo on top of my picture, set it to screen, turned it around and pressed enter. After playing with several other Photoshop features such as Curves and Hue/Saturation and Color Fill and used the eraser here & there I got a result that got me excited! If you would like to try this yourself please click one of the two links I added in this blog, they are so helpful! If you would like the look on this picture and want to know exactly how this image was created feel free to comment or send me a msg :)


See you soon! Have a great Memorial Day weekend.

Masumi


0 comments:

Post a Comment