Content

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Lemon Cookies Sunday

Hello!

With much relief and gratitude I want to tell you all that this past Sunday was very relaxing, very calming. Usually my husband and I are quite busy on Sundays, going back to visit in-laws and join them for dinner. Lately we have begun giving ourselves a few Sundays to stay home to take a break from the hustle and bustle of traveling back to our parents' shortly after church on Sundays.

This Sunday, having much more free time than usual, I decided that I wanted to do some baking again! As a young teen one thing I loved doing on Sundays was baking cookies. Oh how I've missed it so. Using our in-laws' graciously given lemons, Sunday night I decided to bake lemon cookies- something I've never tried. The whole process actually ended up taking two days since I started the baking process a little too late into the night. So, the cookies were baked Sunday night, and a portion of Monday night was thence dedicated to making and applying the frosting. Having used a new recipe, I was a little worried about how they would turn out but, my gosh they turned out so good!

Please take a look at the results.





If you would like to try the recipe, it is in Japanese but Google usually does a great job at translating. :) Or you can also ask me & I can try translating it for you. This is it: http://cookpad.com/recipe/521040.

Masumi

0 comments:

Post a Comment