Content

Monday, August 11, 2014

Project Ten: Nostalgia, Maybe.

Hi again, it's been a while yet again, hasn't it? Last month's Project Ten Challenge was Nostalgia. When this theme was given I knew exactly what I wanted to portray. It just took some time to get the photos and time to finish this project. One day late from the due date, but it's done :)

Google defines Nostalgia as "a sentimental longing or wistful affection for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations.Many look back at the past and think "The good ol' days.", "Wouldn't it be nice to be a kid again." Although many may truly smile when they look back at their good memories of the past, with this project I challenge the idea of nostalgia and bring to light the notion that nostalgia perhaps does not apply to many individuals that you and I interact with everyday. I believe that though we may not think about it often, people may not have any memories in the past to feel nostalgic about. Having stated that, I wanted to portray a few individuals and have you, the audience look beyond what you see and ask, "Nostalgic, or maybe not?" Can you ask yourselves, "How did this individual grow up?" "What was their life like before they got to this point?" I did not personally ask these individuals about their background so I cannot even tell you if they have a nostalgic past. We'll just have to wonder together.

Regardless of whether one's past can be one of nostalgia or not I believe the path that has led one to be who they are today... 

is beautiful. 







A special thank you to the classmates from my dance class from my summer course for doing such a great job at modeling for me for this project. 

Sidenote: Expect more photos soon. :) You'll be seeing more soon.

M Kat

0 comments:

Post a Comment