Content

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Queen of Cake: Patisserie Chantilly

Last weekend my husband and I drove out to Palos Verdes to attend a wedding reception for a church friend. On the way there we stopped by a bakery that I had been wanting to visit for almost years at this point that was in Torrance: Patisserie Chantilly. It was located in an average looking, small Japanese plaza but the quality of what that bakery had to offer was nothing short of amazing. Chadsen & I are huge on finding little fine foods, especially when it comes to dessert and this place, Patisserie Chantilly surpassed our expectations. There I ate perhaps the most delicious cake I've ever tasted. It was like a delicacy. 

I ordered Gateau Fraise, which was a chiffon cake with strawberries and their special cream. It tasted pretty good. What blew us away was what Chadsen ordered though. He ordered a cake named Lyon, which according to the description was "Lemon-infused white chocolate mousse with banana cream." When he took the first bite Chadsen put down his hands away from the cake, closed his eyes, looked down as if in silent prayer, thanking the wonderful creator from above for blessing us with this cake and quietly said to me, "Nothing else exists right now" as he  floated into bliss. Without me. When it came my turn to taste Lyon, I completely understood what he meant. The combination and delicate mixture of the various flavors - banana, white chocolate, a little bit of lemon & the whatever-it-was crunch at the bottom was seriously made to perfection. If I weren't so sweets-satisfied I would have went up to the counter to order my own cake. In the end, not knowing when we would exactly be back we couldn't help but order one more item to finish our stay there- their popular black sesame cream puff. That too did not disappoint. Not too sweet!
I cannot wait to return to Patisserie Chantilly. :) 



This cake is it. The cake masterpiece.

Chadsen asked me to take a photo of it mid-eaten so he can remember what it looked like. So silly.

The black sesame cream puff.




M Kat


0 comments:

Post a Comment